Skylark Lasers is a leading-edge photonics company based in Edinburgh specializing in the development and production of CW single frequency DPSS lasers. We are trusted by clients in research and industry worldwide.
Skylark Lasers is looking for motivated laser engineers to expand our production team. Our single-frequency lasers are unique, filling an important niche in both scientific and industrial markets covering the ultraviolet and visible wavelength ranges.
Our company is rapidly evolving, with a culture based on teamwork, curiosity and innovation. You’ll be based at our Edinburgh offices in our state-of-the-art cleanroom facilities, working with industry experts solving problems, and pushing technical boundaries every day.
We are looking for problem-solvers, team players, who are open to new challenges on a day-to-day basis with a focus on improving our products, build procedures and overall build quality we supply to customers globally.
Required qualifications & experience
• Practical experience and understanding of laser alignment
• Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
• Ability to interpret detailed technical information and convey to colleagues and stakeholders
• Ability to multitask
• Work well within a team and interfacing with customers
• Degree in STEM subject
• Eligibility to work full-time in the UK
• Experience in 3D design software packages: Solidworks, SolidEdge etc.
• Software experience in Python, C++, COMSOL, LabVIEW
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.