R&D Optical Engineer
We are looking for an R&D Optical Engineer who shares our passion and drive for success. We are looking for innovators who can collaborate with our dynamic, entrepreneurial team in a fast-paced start-up environment, and who will welcome new challenges. The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver with a real passion for optical engineering.
On a day-to-day basis you will be tasked with generating design packages analysing new ideas relevant to complex optical systems, including athermal imaging systems, laser product design and non-linear optics. You will part of our R&D team focusing on new research and generating and testing new ideas in the lab and through simulation.
Required qualifications & experience
• Practical experience and understanding of laser alignment
• Experience with designing and modelling of complex optical systems, preferably using OpticStudio.
• Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
• Ability to interpret detailed technical information and convey to colleagues and stakeholders
• Ability to multitask
• Work well within a team and interfacing with customers
• Degree in STEM subject
• Eligibility to work full-time in the UK
• PhD or MSc in relevant field in Physics or Engineering
• Experience in 3D design software packages: Solidworks, SolidEdge etc.
• Software experience in Python, C++, OpticStudio, COMSOL
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.